Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Intro to Noori


                        This is my first blog! So hopefully it is up to standards. My name is Noori (pronounced Nuree), I am from Banff, Alberta, yes I am proud to be from Alberta. I recently decided to switch into Anthropology. Until this past September I was taking Anth classes purely out of interest. As life often goes, it throws you curve balls. I decided to switch last minute which means I'll be graduating in April with an Anth degree and a minor in Psyc. I'm a peoples person so this degree works out fantastically for me! I'm really stoked for this course because I am interested in the diversity of death and burial practices  worldwide.Personally, I'm really comfortable with death, I've never really been scared of it,  maybe because I've seen somebody die right before my eyes?!? (true story). I am particularly interested in West Coast First Nations burials, mummification, and sky burials and I'm hoping to learn about many more different burial forms!
About me:  I'm an avid reader, I love music, I have traveled to every continent except for Antarctica and Australia (I'm heading to Morocco in May!!!), and I love thrift stores and finding treasures from other people's junk!
   I look forward to talking dead with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment