![]() |
| Image from http://memoryglass.com |
![]() |
From Grandma to jewellery or paperweight
![]() |
| Image from http://memoryglass.com |
Ashes into Glass is the concept of putting a deceased's ashes into blown glass paperweights or into jewellery. It's called "Memory Glass" and this company not only makes one thing out of the ashes, they can make multiple items. Now everyone can have a piece of their loved ones! There are quite a few Northern Americans who are using this alternative burial method. It is a bit morbid and its almost as strange as Angelina Jolie wearing her ex-husband's vial of blood around her neck; but it is an alternative that is out there for the bereaved. Personally, I kind of think this is cool. Some people feel comforted knowing that they always have a piece of their loved ones with them. One of my really close friends passed away 3 years ago and his mom cremated his ashes and then had an artist use his ashes to create a painting. It's really amazing, it looks like constellations, and when I saw it I was spellbound. It made me feel a sort of peace with his death, strange I know but I can't explain it.. However, I mentioned this concept of memory glass to a friend of mine and they got quesy and freaked out about how creepy it was. It's interesting to see peoples different comfort levels and reactions to death. It is an option that might appeal to some of you!
Also, that is my lovely grandma Holly, whose photo I used. I thought I might mention she is not dead, just in case my mom reads this blog and freaks out!



This is so neat, it's nice to have a part of someone you love with you even though they are gone. The glass creates a nice bound between the living and the dead, this will surely bring comfort to people who lost their significant ones.
ReplyDelete